PLEASE NOTE: The below Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice, as a result of any changes in regulations by Federal, State, or Local Government authorities and Rotary guidelines.
- The Gordon Markets (henceforth known as The Markets) are operated by The Gordon Markets Management Committee (henceforth known as the Committee), which is a joint project of The Rotary Club of Ku-ring-gai Inc. and The Rotary Club of Turramurra Inc.,
- The Committee (through which all stallholder site applications are made) reserves the right to reject any application(s) from a stallholder and to terminate any regular stallholder participation in The Markets,
- The Committee is responsible for site operations and safety at The Markets. As such, Stallholders at The Markets must comply with all reasonable operational directives issued by Market Duty Staff appointed by the Committee,
- Normal operating hours for The Markets are between 8:30 am to 2.00 pm. For safety, environmental or climatic reasons, the Committee may adjust the closing time. Stallholders will be notified on the day of each market.
- Stallholders must conduct their business within the physical bounds and market time frames of the stall(s) that they have been allocated, and
- During the current Covid-19 stallholders must follow all requirements set out by the Committee, Federal, State, and Local Authorities.
Bookings and Payments
- Bookings and payments must be made in advance of the market day. This can only be done online via the TryBooking website (see link below). There is a cut off time of 9 am on Saturday prior to the market day After that, no bookings and payments will be accepted. Go to our Home Page to find the link to Try Bookings.
- In the past, there has been a practice of accepting casual bookings and/or payments on the day. This is no longer allowed,
- Cancellation of a booking will be accepted up until 6 pm on Wednesday, prior to the market day. Stallholders who fail to attend in accordance with a confirmed booking will forfeit any stall fees that have paid, and
- Stallholders are not permitted to sub-let any part of their site to another stallholder.
- Each stallholder must carry Public Liability Insurance (PLI) with a minimum cover of $10 million and must produce proof of currency to get a code to remove the $10 charge to cover our Uninsured Stallholders.
- No vehicular movement is allowed between the hours of 8.00 am – 2.00 pm unless approved by the Committee. All stallholder vehicles must be removed from the market area by 8.00 am. Vehicles are not allowed to remain and occupy a car space that has been set aside to for social distancing requirements unless permission has been granted by the Committee,
- Vehicle access to collect stores and equipment will not be allowed until The Markets have officially closed and customers have left the market, normally after 2.00 pm. This is a critical safety and public liability issue, and
- Vehicles are not permitted to queue at the ramp to level 2, in Wade Lane, or on the down ramp from level 3. This causes traffic jams in Wade Lane and obstructs pedestrians. This is a Council requirement. Stallholders who repeatedly fail to observe this requirement could face being banned from attending future markets.
- The preparation and/or sale of perishable foods and drinks is not permitted at The Markets, and
- The sale of dried, preserved, and/or bottled foods (jams, honey, preserved foods, etc.) is allowed at The Markets.
- Sites are unpowered and have no access to running water. Stallholders requiring power must provide their own and it must meet the approval of the Committee regarding sound, exhaust, and cables,
- Stallholders are responsible for the removal and disposal of their own rubbish, including broken goods, boxes, packaging, general rubbish. etc. and
- Stallholders are responsible for providing their own tables, chairs, display furniture, etc.